You need to provide the following:

  1. Your name and address.
  2. What you are disputing and why
  3. Supporting documents, payment statements or checks.Ask that the information be deleted or corrected.
  4. You can include a copy of your credit report with the disputed items circled.  Be as clear as possible to make it easy for the Bureaus to understand what you are looking for.

Send the letters via certified mail, return receipt requested, or fed-ex with signature required, so you have documentation that the credit-reporting agency have received your letter. Keep a copy of your letter and all other documents for future reference.