How to change your name on your credit report without impacting it negatively
- Name change normally happens through the court system
- Make a copy of your court order and follow the following instructions:
You need to provide the following:
- Your name and address where you currently reside. Provide a piece of mail to your current address with your name on it.
- What you are disputing and why.
- Supporting documents, payment statements or checks. Indicate which of the provided information should be deleted or corrected.
- You can include a copy of your credit report with the items you want to dispute circled. Be as clear as possible to make it easy for the Bureaus to understand what needs to be done.
Send the letters via certified mail, return receipt requested, or Fed-ex with a “signature required”, so you have documentation proving the credit reporting agency has received your letter. Keep a copy of your letter and all other documents for future reference.
P.O. Box 105139
Atlanta, GA 30348-5139
P.O. Box 2002
Allen, TX 75013
P.O. Box 2000
Chester, PA 19016
Questions: please call us at 800-518-1077 Option 4
To view your credit report go to: https://thecreditbureau.com/consumer-credit-report/