How to Unfreeze Your Credit Report
Unfreeze your credit report is required if you are taking out loans, buying or leasing a car, purchase or rent a
property or open a new credit card. To unfreeze your report, you will need your pin number which was given
to you when you first froze your report. If you have forgotten or misplaced your pin, no problem, you can
recover it by contacting the credit reporting agencies. The following links are provided for each credit
ALWAYS UNFREEZE YOUR REPORT TEMPORARILY.
- Online – You’ll need to create a MyEquifax account if you haven’t already. You can unfreeze your credit, check the status of your request, or initiate a new credit freeze if necessary.
- By phone – Call 1-888-349-5191.
- By mail – You’ll need to download this form from Equifax. Equifax will lift the freeze once your identity is verified. Mail to Equifax Information Services LLC, P.O. Box 105788, Atlanta, GA 30348.
- By phone – You can call TransUnion to unfreeze at 888-909-8872. Follow the prompts, and the voice operator will guide you through the process. In this case, be sure to have your social security number, address, date of birth, freeze PIN, and start and end dates if calling regarding a temporary unfreeze. If you forgot your pin, you can recover it by creating a login online.
- Online – Go to this link to create an account if you didn’t already, and follow the guidelines to unfreeze your account. Note, you only need your pin if you initially froze your account via phone. You won’t need it if unfreezing online.
- By phone –Call 888-EXPERIAN (888-397-3742) and provide the PIN to lift the freeze from your credit report.
- Online – Go to this link to create an account if you didn’t already, and follow the guidelines to unfreeze your account.
For more information and help on other subjects please go to www.thecreditbureau.com/blog
Or simply call us at 800-518-1077 Option 4